Re: TI-H: 64MBit expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 64MBit expander

----------
> From: Sami Khawam <a9501901@unet.univie.ac.at>
> To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
> Subject: Re: TI-H: 64MBit expander
> Date: Friday, July 04, 1997 11:39 AM
>
> > 64 or 32 Mb?  Why all that space?  It would seem better to build a
> > smaller one to save money.
>
> A 4MBit chips will work like the 64MBit one. There
> will be only some minor diffreces in the program on
> the calculator.

Can you give an estimate of the price for all the parts?

> > I hope this comes out for the TI-86 and it sounds like a good idea.
>
> The interface will be made so that a microcontroller
> recives bytes from the calc, and convert the to
> commands for the memory chip. This way it will
> work on every calc with assembler support and
> with ROM calls that sends bytes.

Good idea.  Will the microcontroller also allow the amount of data being
sent over the link be minimized?  So it would only take a small instruction
to get the info  so that the amount of data being sent through the link is
minimized and the microcontroller could take some of the processor load off
the z80 on the calc.

__
Eli Allen	eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us
Adobe PhotoDeluxe beta test site