Re: TI-H: 64MBit expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 64MBit expander

64 or 32 Mb?  Why all that space?  It would seem better to build a smaller
one to save money.

But since your using such large amounts of flash memory (for a calculator)
will there be some way to find and the identifying bad parts in the memory.
 That way if part of the flash ram is rewritten too many times (and so
damaging that part of the memory) it can be detected and a part of the
memory could be used to hold the location of bad parts.  This way the
memory could still be used when only a small part of it goes bad.  The only
problem I see to this method is that it would slow down writing to the
flash ram ( this feature would only have to be used for writing operations)

I hope this comes out for the TI-86 and it sounds like a good idea.
__
Eli Allen	eallen@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us
Team Gates	Adobe PhotoDeluxe beta test site
ICQ UIN # 669742