Re: TI-H: TI Tokenized Networking technology, and farewell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Tokenized Networking technology, and farewell

Too bad to hear that you are leaving the group but the only project I
was really interested in was the network.  Keep in contact with me or
put me on a Ti-network mailing list.  either way, keep in contact even
if you unsubscribe from the list.

-ransacked

>From listown@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se Fri Dec 19 20:21:16 1997
>From: Christopher Kalos <raptorone@stuytech.com>
>To: "'TI-H'" <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: TI-H: TI Tokenized Networking technology, and farewell
>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 23:15:09 -0500
>Sender: owner-ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>

>This will probably be one of my last posts on this list.  I have seen a
serious degradation in the attitude of this hobby.
>	When I signed onto the list, I expected it to be a place where people
would share ideas and work together in order to enhance the
TI-calculators in general, with the "veterans" aiding the less
experienced.  I had originally been proven correct.
>	However, starting with the release of my specification for the
TI-Networking protocol, I saw things go to crap pretty quickly.  I have
posted what might be my last and largest contribution to TI-Hardware at
www.stuytech.com, which includes a token-ring based technology, since it
is simpler to implement and can provide a substantial stability and
speed boost over an Ethernet protocol.  CSMA/CD is just one thing that
TI-calculators will face with upon handling.

>I have included a list of the projects that I was working on.  I may
continue development, but I doubt that I will continue to be a member of
the TI-Hardware mailinglist.

>Wireless modem (based on Ricochet spread-spectrum wireless modem
released in the summer of '97)
>XI2C based Expander
>TCP/IP stack (possibly using an offboard module, due to the size of the
protocol)
>direct hardware upgrades (rebuilding the ROM in order to accommodate
new processors, color screens, etc., while maintaining TI compatibility)
>IR link (simple, link-cable emulating design)
>External CPU add-on (use CBL Get and Send commands in order to tell an
offboard CPU to process data that the z80 is not capable of)