TI-H: TI Tokenized Networking technology, and farewell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI Tokenized Networking technology, and farewell

This will probably be one of my last posts on this list.  I have seen a serious degradation in the attitude of this hobby.
	When I signed onto the list, I expected it to be a place where people would share ideas and work together in order to enhance the TI-calculators in general, with the "veterans" aiding the less experienced.  I had originally been proven correct.
	However, starting with the release of my specification for the TI-Networking protocol, I saw things go to crap pretty quickly.  I have posted what might be my last and largest contribution to TI-Hardware at www.stuytech.com, which includes a token-ring based technology, since it is simpler to implement and can provide a substantial stability and speed boost over an Ethernet protocol.  CSMA/CD is just one thing that TI-calculators will face with upon handling.

I have included a list of the projects that I was working on.  I may continue development, but I doubt that I will continue to be a member of the TI-Hardware mailinglist.

Wireless modem (based on Ricochet spread-spectrum wireless modem released in the summer of '97)
XI2C based Expander
TCP/IP stack (possibly using an offboard module, due to the size of the protocol)
direct hardware upgrades (rebuilding the ROM in order to accommodate new processors, color screens, etc., while maintaining TI compatibility)
IR link (simple, link-cable emulating design)
External CPU add-on (use CBL Get and Send commands in order to tell an offboard CPU to process data that the z80 is not capable of)

That was it for my work.

I will regret having left this community, but the lack of cohesion has gone too far.
Thank you.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator