Re: TI-H: GPS, may be possible!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: GPS, may be possible!

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:36:41 PST "Richard Piotter"
<richfiles1@hotmail.com> writes:

>I'm not sure, but the computer uses a mapping software that contains
>the
>maps. There would be NO way to put that on the calc, but what if the
>GPS
>reciever simply sends the Lattitude/Longitude coordinates. You could
>connect it via the TI-Graph link cable and read just the coordinates.
>You could then have it display the data on screen. Another possibility
>
>would be a visual display. Hit enter and it shows a graphical location

Perhaps a better way would be to build an algorythm that 'learned' the
terrain you travel through by plotting the points the calc recieves.  GPS
includes lattitude, longitude /and/ altitude so a full topographical map
would be possible to draw dynamicly.

I was interested in building a GPS reciever for my computer a year ago
but wasn't able to find any resources.  Where can I find technical info
on decoding GPS signals on the internet, anyone know?

Thanx
Matthew

"One World, One Web, One Program"
     Microsoft Promotional Ad