Re: TI-H: Wow could this be a dream???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Wow could this be a dream???

>Daniel M Vlacich wrote:
>
>> If anyone has any plans or schematics or ideas on how to put this hard
>> drive into a TI-83, PLEASE let me know!
>
>There have been plans floating around for using an IDE drive w/ an 8-bit
>processor, however, they require you to be able to access the processor
>directly and bewteen the processor and the system bus. This would mean
>de-soldering the processor and attaching part of this device between it
>and the calc's main board, which is obviously not even remotely
>practical.
>
>Charlie G.

One way around this would be to put another processor between the drive and
link port. For example a PIC would probably work. The problem with this is
that the
interface would be as large if not larger than the drive itself.

I would guess that the whole thing could be done about half the size
of a pack of cigarettes. The whole idea is exciting and I wish I had time to
pursue it! If some one took the time to come up with a RS232 or 485(?) a
couple
of bucks could be made.