Re: TI-H: BNC Networking?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: BNC Networking?

BNC uses 2 wires.  One shield and one data.
>I know it would take some space on the calc, but would it be possible to put
>one on a BNC network?  I know they only use two (maybe three) wires, which
>is what the calc has.  Maybe someone could write a soft IPX and NIC driver.

you would have to be a good programmer to fit a TCP/IP packet driver.  It
has been done on the 8x calcs.  It just isn't on BNC.  Also, I don't think
it is ready to release

>Or, maybe a PIC or two.  I know that this was one of the last phazes of the
>TI-Modem project, but I thought I'd bring it up now.

You wouldn't be able to do much with the PIC to create a protocall.  The
PIC could scan each packet for one that belonged to the calc, but thats
about it.  It could be done, but...

The AVR would be a better choice.  That is what I used.

Grant