Re: TI-H: PSX memorycard prices/TI-85 MIDI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mikko Kuorelahti wrote:

> http://www.sgic.fi/~htt/   -  179 FIM  / 1 MEG
> MTV3 tekstikanava          -  195 FIM  / 1 MEG
>                            -  140 FIM  / 1 MEG
>                            -  275 FIM  / 16 MEG
>                            -  325 FIM  / 24 MEG !!!
>
> I personally would build/buy a "PSX memorycard TI storage system" even
> if it was a complicated EPROM system or anything, because of the
> following reasons:
> - PSX cards are readily available
> - PSX cards are cheap (325 FIM =~ 72 USD, for 24 MEG)

I looked for some information on the Net about PSX memory cards and
realized you fell for a common error. The regular memory cards are 1
Mbit Flash EEPROM cards, which means 128 kBytes, not 1 MByte. So the 16
MBit card is 2 MBytes and the 24 MBit card is 3 MBytes. This makes them
a bit more expensive than you thought...

I couldn't find any specs for the interface, but I think we could just
as well use normal Flash EEPROM chips, the interface is probably
parallel and needs lots of stuff in between the TI and the memory card
to work, and you'd first have to figure out the interface specs. Normal
EEPROMs are at least documented...

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone