Re: TI-H: Battery question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Battery question

Eric Fiterman wrote:

> How exactly does the Viewscreen work?  I mean, how specifically does each
> position in the ti's screen get translated to the other screen?

The same way it gets translated on the normal ti screen. it is basically
a TI-8x screen with no silvery paper crap and electronics case behind
it. It may be a higher quality (yeilding darker images) LCD, or multiple
LCD's (giving the same result).  I know they, and the casio overhead
calculators get hot and don't work well.  (I don't remember if they get
darker, or lighter, but that probably has to do with the heat and
electrical characteristics of the LCD)

> It's also related to the above, but how does an LCD work?  As far as
> printing a pixel at a specific location?

Current passes through sections making them darker (I think this is done
through two polarized meduims, one being the glass the other being the
crystal/liquid whatever inbetween).  LCD's aren't a TI only item, I'm
sure a few minutes at a search engine, or an hour at the library would
yeild better results than asking the list.

infact, 3 minutes resulted in this:

http://margo.student.utwente.nl/stefan/el/componen/lcd_faq.html
http://www.ee.washington.edu/eeca/text/LCD.html  (same as above, but on
a much closer chunk of rock)
http://www.sharp.co.jp/sc/library/lcd_e/indexe.htm

(in general to everyone)
got a question you really want answered... try, ticalc.org, a search
engine and then the list...  (be brave and grab a book or two, they
aren't THAT bad...)

thanks,

Jacob