TI-H: TI-85 MIDI interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI-85 MIDI interface

 I have been an owner of a TI85 for several years now, I have programmed
some small programs/games for ZShell, but for the last 6 months I have
been so lazy that my calc has been in my drawer without batteries the
whole time. After visiting the new ticalc.org site I decided to post
some of my experiments with the TI85 to the mailinglists. This list
seemed appropriate since the experiment, which I would like to see
finished is almost complete (for the research) except for the hardware
part.

 The TI-85 link port is capable of sending/recieving data at the speed
of the MIDI transmission protocol, so a MIDI interface for the TI85
would be simply a matter of timing and hardware. The timing part is done
- I dug out my Z80 code and found my sources for a MIDIlib (well
actually someones wavlib with some nop's and loops added for timing
purposes), which I would be more than happy to send to anyone interested
in this. A MIDI output port for the TI85 would be extremely cheap to
make, to my understanding a +5V DC source and a transistor would be
enough.

If interested, read
http://sunsite.unc.edu/emusic-l/info-docs-FAQs/MIDI-doc/MIDI-Primer.txt

--- Köpi Kuorelahti ---

P.S. The policy of not being able to send messages without joining the
ti-hw maillist limits my using of it (HotMail is buggy enough already) ,
so I will be unsubscribing quite soon. If you want to contact me, do it
personally, not via the mailinglist