TI-H: Successful SPI install

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Successful SPI install

Finally!

Done with installing the SPinTerface in my TI-83 (the second try.)

I got my LP2954IS and IT in the mail yesterday and decided to spend an
hour of my evening putting this thing in before school starts.  So I have
a conversation piece.  "Hey, geek over there!  What the hell is that
ugly-ass thing sticking out of your calculator??  Hahahahaha..."  ;)

I'd like to give a shout-out to Richard for his verifying the schematic
for me, and also to Bryan Rittmeyer and others for straightening out the
voltage regulator situation.  I got 5.04V out of GND and +5V (last two
columns on the port.)

The TI-83/86 cases are much more curved than the 82/85 counterparts and
therefore it was difficult for me to find a spot for the port itself.  I
was ready to cut into part of the circuit board without traces, when I
figured "to hell with it" and I just ran the ribbon cable out the side of
the calculator.  I have about 1cm of ribbon cable and the header connector
on the bottom of the calc, next to the link port.  I feel much better this
way than having to cut the PCB and the case of my 83.  It doesn't look too
bad either.

Well, my next project to build is the transistor amp.

Tony