TI-H: Multiple device control

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Multiple device control

Well, I think that Osma (Ozone) solved my problem:  Multiple device control seems possible now (via his I2C routines).  Now we just need devices to be connected to this port.  The sound device (notice, no SPI), an Ex*nder, and a wireless link in one may be feasible now.  There's just one device that I need to find:  a 2.5 mm two way stereo splitter.  I figure it's the best way to implement the multimaster net, as it allows  one calc to connect to the next, and so on, with a minimum of wires (n-1 for n calcs).  Of course, I don't know if the combined resistance will cause problems if a calc is transmitting to one at the end of the chain.  Perhaps this could be remedied by connecting them in a ring?
Devices wouldn't have this problem, because I feel that they could all be placed into a device about the size of two Gameboy carts, as long as the radio/IR link can be made small.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@geocities.com
raptor_one@hotmail.com
Executive Director/Administrator