Re: TI-H: Need help with 8-bit sound software/MODEM IDEA!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Need help with 8-bit sound software/MODEM IDEA!!!

>the commodore 128 really had a 8502 and a Z-80, it used the 8502 for
c128
>and c64 modes and the Z80 for cpm mode, it used the sid sound chip)
only in
>c128 and c64 modes.

You are definitely right, but think about it. The calcs can do digitized
sound, why not teach it waveform generation, just like the Sound
Interface Device. All it is is a function generator connected to an
amplifier! One of the original purposes of the TI's are to plot
functions. It would be fast in assembly! Sine, Square, Sawtooth,
triangle, and noise are all that we would need. If you could do more
than one function at a time and use logic to mix them, you could have
multi-chanel, 8-bit audio. I know the thing had the SID (>>"even though
it uses hardware"), and I knew it had multiple processors, but the Z80
can do probably everything the other can do when running at 1 whole
Megahertz!!!  (;

If you know anyone who knows anything about microwire or Link
programming, who would be interested in this project, let them know.

Thanks!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A