Re: TI-H: Cable for $4 link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Cable for $4 link

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:09:09 -0500 (CDT) Tony Do <tonyd@execpc.com>
writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'm redoing my $4 link (because I did it pretty crappily last time)
>and
>instead of using the 2 telephone cables like I did last time,  I want
>know if there is some kind of 6-conductor data cable I can buy in a
>short
>length?  I tried the Mouser catalog but I don't know where to start,
>and I
>don't need a 100' spool!  (about 10' would do!)
>
>Can someone suggest to me where to start?
>
>Thanks,
>Tony

I work at a Radio Shack DEALER (big difference from a company or
franchise store) and we always have stuff like that for sale by the foot.
 So just check around any local electronics stores or stores with
telephone supplies or computer supplies (some networks use 8-conductor
wire).

And remember, not all Radio Shacks are bad, just the one in the malls and
such.  Beware of the stores where all the employees are forced to wear
funny blue or red sports coats.  They are salespersons and haven't even
read "Getting Started in Electronics" themselves.  Look for Radio Shack
dealers because they know what's going on.

Dave