Re: TI-H: spinterface-minidisc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ed Plese wrote:

> I personally don't think it's worth it because each minidisc can only
> hold about 110 Mbytes (I could be a little off).  They don't hold 640
> MB like a regular CD because MDs store compressed audio data which
> takes up less space.  Instead I think it'd be much better to use a
> Zip drive or something like that.

What on earth do you want to store with a TI if 110 Mbytes isn't enough
for it? Anyways, it might be possible to connect a MiniDisc player, a CD
or CD-ROM player, a floppy disk drive etc. to a TI, but it's probably so
complicated that it's not worth the effort. Someone with lots of
electronics experience might start working on such a project, but I
don't think anybody is interested enough. It's simply too much work and
money for too little benefit. And it might even be impossible, e.g.
because the TI link port is so slow.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone