Re: TI-H: Game Boy games are possible, with work

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Richard Piotter wrote:

> Basicly what I'm saying is copy the commands and algorythms of a game
> and make newgraphics and sound for the TI, but if you really want a game
> that bad, would you rather go from scratch and work bugs out or use a
> working model, just redoing a few things and all the graphics/ sound?

The only way to do this is to rewrite the game from scratch. First of
all,
how many of you have the hardware to dump a Gameboy cartridge's ROM?

Secondly... I think this list could practically be renamed
"SCREW-NINTENDO-OF-AMERICA" For crying out loud! Those cartridges are
copyrighted, trademarked, and otherwise legally protected up their
plastic butts. If you dumped the cartridge ROM and ported it to a TI
calculator you would face serious legal penalties.

Its MUCH easier, cheaper, and more legally kosher to simply rewrite the
game. Anyway, have you ever tried to read decompiled source? You'd spend
as long hacking the gameboy and its ROM source as you would rewriting
the
entire game from scratch!

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net