Re: TI-H: ... free samples ...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ... free samples ...

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:55:32 -0400 "J. Jacob Hopkins" <jacob@bright.net>
writes:
>Companies offer free samples of IC's as a service to professionals and
>educators in their industry for promotion, prototyping and evaluation.

Aren't we prototyping designs for calcualtor accessories?  Usually free
samples aren't available forever, so if Joe Blow makes the ultimate calc
addon using a chip he got for free and several months later when the chip
is no longer free, half a million calc users decide they want this
device, they buy the chip for an arm and a leg and the company who
origionally gave the free sample goes away with its pockets full, like it
origionally intended.

>On a seperate note... could everyone take a moment before they reply
>some messages and decide if it is really important enough for a list
>reply, or personal.

Good point.  And why do some people post the same message 2 or 3 times?
Going through 70 messages some days where 10 are repeats and 10 don't
really concern more than two people is somewhat frustrating.

Dave