Re: TI-H: Re: SPinterFace/Guarantee/Time

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: SPinterFace/Guarantee/Time

>Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:29:30 -0400
>To: "Richard Piotter" <richfiles@hotmail.com>
>From: Joseph Gaffney <gaffney@thethinker.com>
>Subject: Re: TI-H: Re: SPinterFace/Guarantee
>
>Quick question: How much time does it take, on average?

It takes under an hour for soldering, but if you have to modify the
connector, it can take as long as two or more hours. If the connector
has large side edges, then it gets worse, you have to trim the side of
the calc about a mm thin and a cm deep without cutting through. The
longest one was 5 hours cause I had to redo the connector wires. I can,
if I have the right parts, complete it in as little as an hour or two,
but I usualy have to do carts and stuff too. Some things have to wait
for glue to dry. It will be much much easier when I get the smaller VRs.

I hope I didn't scare you, but it realy isn't that dificult. You just
need a steady soldering hand and good patience.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The