TI-H: Re: I just shipped it out

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: I just shipped it out

>Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 16:59:37 -0400
>From: Kevin Buck <mckbuck@coastalnet.com>
>To: Richard Piotter <richfiles@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: I just shipped it out
>
>Richard Piotter wrote:
>>
>> >Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 15:42:49 -0400
>> >From: Kevin Buck <mckbuck@coastalnet.com>
>> >To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>> >Subject: I just shipped it out
>> >
>> >Hey Rich, jusy to let you know, I just sent my calc to you this
>> >morning.  It's in a Priority mail box, but wasn't shipped certified.
>> >All that is means is that you have to sign for it though, so it
>> >shouldn't matter.  Inside the Priority mail box is another, well
>> >protected box, and inside that is my calculator, and my expander,
and a
>> >note, and a disk, and some parts, and the money order for 40
dollars.
>> >Just read teh note, it should explain everything.  BTW here is what
the
>> >return address on the box is, so you can recognize it as mine:
>> >
>> >       Kevin Buck
>> >       3858 Frog Level Rd.
>> >       Winterville, NC 28590
>> >
>> I'll write within a day of recieving it. I don't have it yet, but
I'll
>> let you know both when I get it and when I send it.
>>
>> I'll see to insure the package when it's returned ($100-$200,
depending
>> on what money is left!)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I'll write back as soon as I recieve it. (Is it turboed, I do turbo
for
>> free on the 85 if you get a SPinTerface installed cause I have tons
of
>> cut up DIP switches (only if C9 removal works on it, but I haven't
had
>> one crash yet))   (:
>>
>> Richard Piotter

>I'm not quite sure I want it turboed or not.  Currently it isn't.  I do
>in ways, but don't in ways.  Some people talk about it crashing under
>certain progs, but on the other hand, would be nice for those really
>slow basic programs.  BTW, I do program in basic, so it would be nice.
>And about crashing under some ASM progs, unless you install a switch, I
>don't want it.  But if you do put switches in, tell me where you put
>them.  I might consider it.

I first open the calc and remove C9 to test if C9 removal works. I test
it with recieving the backup of it and run the programs on it. If it all
works, I install the C9 and switch into the calc. I always use a switch,
i've never had a crash, and I think that clcs that won't run without C9
is cause of human error rather than the design, beacause you notice how
some people never see a crash while others always do? I discovered that
removing C9 carelessly can break a trace on the circuit board. it
doesn't work till you solder C9 back in (sometimes it doesn't work
still). That's because the resistor beside it is connected, yet tearing
out the cap or desoldering it too rough can tear the wire and disconnect
the resistor. I think this is why the calcs crash. I know how to both
avoid and to fix this, so you shouldn't need to worry about crashes. If
the calc absolutely will not run without the capacitor, then I put it
back and don't do the turbo (unless you sent $5 to special order a 1pf
cap from Boris Lutz). Either way, I always put in the switch when I
turbo an 85.

You can always switch back to C9 if you are reluctant to use it with
ASM, but Daedalus ROCKS with turbo on. Turbo is also a nice way to make
a game you've broken fun once again! (make it 3x faster)!!!

i'll see how things go. I'll tell you if the turbo expiriment fails and
you won't get turbo, but otherwise, assume you have turbo with a switch!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The