TI-H: Blown Paralel port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Blown Paralel port

>On a side note, as I was experimenting with my Extender uP prototype
>I accidentally shorted one of TI connector pins to unregulated 14 VDC
>going into my bench supply. Unfortunately, this totally screwed my
>PC's I/O parallel port I/O controller (I'm happy my entire PC
>isn't screwed... those put everything in one chip chipsets are the
>dumbest load of bullsh!t I've ever seen) so my parallel port no
>longer works... since everything I own is parallel, I'm essentially
>out of business until I can buy an ISA I/O card. Strangely, the port
>still works fine for my printer... but the quickcam and my TI link
>are broken (I probably blew out the driver gate for one of the lines.)
>
>I have a graph link, but I need a parallel port to burn PICs. Just
>letting the list know... if anyone cares... :-) the Extender uP
>is pretty much stalled now. :`((((
>
>Bryan Rittmeyer
>bryanr@flash.net

I have a ton of PC parts, includin an IDE Card with all the ports on it.
I got it for $40 at a local computer store, only to find out the
computer's main board that I had was screwed up. If you need it, I would
be willing to sell it. I have some other boards too, so if you need
anything, ask. I could probably sell it to you.

Hope I can help. Also, Someone mentioned a National Sample that worked
good in place of the 7805 regulator, If it works better than a 78L05, I
might get them instead!!!

Can you help me out?

Hopefully we can both help each other out!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The