TI-H: SPinterFace link adaptor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: SPinterFace link adaptor

>Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 13:15:20 -0400 (EDT)
>From: PSUFreak@aol.com
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: SPinterFace/Good news (=
>
>Like I said, I want to build a spinterface, but my mom won't let me do
>anything inside my calc, and she's not so crazy about me sending it to
you. I
>was wondering if I could build an external spinterface by following the
same
>procedure, but making the connections to my link cable, not inside the
calc.
>Also I would like to know how you are doing with using paralell ram
chips
>with spinterface. Memory expansion is one of the main reasons I want to
build
>it.
>
>Thanks
>PSUFreak

Yes, It is possible.
I can build an external expander adaptor easily. I just need to add the
cost of a link cable and a battery case to its cost.

I can get battery holders and cases for just over $5, and the link
cables are $8 (I think). I would have to call TI and ask about it, but I
think $35 ought to cover the standard SPinTerface components and the
extra parts (Those extra parts are why an expander is $40 as a cart, but
$60 when built or purchased). I don't know how long it would take to
recieve the link cable, but I could ask.

If you do want an external SPinTerface cartridge adaptor for the link
port, just e-mail me and let me know. I can build them easily.

As for the expander, you'll have to get me the chip yourself. If you
have a standard expander that you want converted to a cart, I can take
$5 off the SPinTerface adaptor. The carts are $5 each plus the cost of
special parts rounded up to the nearest $5, unless the part(s) are
provided. That just means that all expander carts are $5, BUT YOU HAVE
TO SEND ME THE CHIP. I don't provide them cause I don't have them.

I have only one limitation to my services. I will not search for
expander chips. If you want an expander, you have to find the chip and
get it sent to me. I don't have the time to go out and search for hard
to find things like that. I wouldn't be able to keep up then. Post a
"want ad" to the TI-H list requesting an expander chip. If you're
willing to wait, I will do Expander II (III?) conversions into
SPinTerface carts. If you can't find an SF Expander chip, then you won't
be able to have an expander till the new ones come out.

Don't worry though, I can still build the SPinTerface cartridge adaptor
for the link port if you still would like it. Just let me know

If you do get your parents to let you send the calc (The thing's yours,
isn't it?) I do turbo instalations (with switch) for free if it works
with C9 removal (With SPinTerface instalations). I insure the calcs when
I send them back so if they get dammaged, the postal service will cover.
Even if the calc is damaged, if it is insured for damage, they will be
required to reinburse you for what it's insured for (My mom sent an old
TV and it got broke, but she insured it for $500, and she got $500, even
though it wasn't really worth it. That's how I guarantee the calcs. If
for some reason, the insurance won't cover the damages, then I will
personaly pay for it to be replaced. Besides, you have my name and
address if I screw up the calc!

If your parents still say no, then just send $35 and I'll make an
external adapter (I'm still not sure on the cost for the external one.
If it is too expensive for parts it may be $40)   );

Just let me know what you want to do. and don't send money or parts till
you get okayed by me first.

P.S.  All new expanders will use the low power 78L05 regulator.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The