Re: TI-H: spinterface 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: spinterface 92

Richard Piotter wrote:

> The Expander uP will be out soon, and I talked tothe guy building it. I
> might make Expander uP Carts for him. The device is PIC controled so you
> don't need special software for it. I believe it is seven small surface
> mount parts and the two chips, an easy SPinTerface cart project! I am

exTENDer uP :-)

I didn't want to call it an Expander since A) that's already been used
by Mel Tsai and B) it makes the Extender uP seem too much like a clone
of Mel's project. Mel Tsai has helped me out a lot via IRC... however,
the Extender uP marches to its own drummer and is only similar to
the ESF in that it expands the memory of TI calculators.

As for the "special software" -- There will still be an Extender uP
driver, written in assembly language. Remember, I didn't implement
the high-level TI protocol (not fully, anyway) -- I implemented the
very low level TI protocol just so I could take advantage of the TI-92's
built in TI protocol hardware and ROM calls.

Fortunately, all of the parts in the Extender uP are availible in
surface
mount versions. I'm much too chicken crap to build an SMT version for
the
prototype... so if I ever personally sell finished Extenders (which I
haven't decided on yet) they will probably be DIP/PLCC chips and not
the harder to work with SOP chips.

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net