Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

>one could make a Expander type setup, and put many many games onto it,
>but rather than use the current Expander Software, make new software
>that browses like a regular shell, a listing that you can scroll up and
>down through...  Then about organization, assign the F1-F5 keys to
>different directories, and use menulib, to display the names of the
dirs
>above the keys.  This sounds like a better idea, and if it was built
>into a Spinterface Cart, then it would not matter if you carried it
>around all the time, since it fits better into your pocket than the
>current Expander.  Then there would be no need to have anything in your
>calcs mem, except your current game, or utility.  Which is only in
there
>because it was run from that menu I was speaking of earlier.
>
>If you understand so far, your doing great...
>
>The software driver for this Spinterface Cart, would be a TSR, and
>stored as file type twenty, which is not recognized in the check RAM
>windows.  Of course, it would be best if this TSR was modeled from
>Usgard, because of its somewhat more stable TSR's.  But all of the
above
>is just another idea, which to me sounds very feasible.  MEL can work
on
> the Hardware, and Our TOP programmers (The Usgard Team, The ZShell
>Team, etc...) can work on the Software driver.  So What do you guys
>think of this?
>
>NOTE: Basically all am saying now, is write different software, and
>build any of the current (or currently being redisigned) Expanders,
into a SPinterface cart.

Excelent Idea!

I think it would be cool to have a SPinTerface cart with all the most
popular games (with permision of the programers), utilities, math/school
software, Interface software, and special purpose software, each in it's
own dirrectory. In usgard, you could have the main mem as drive C:/, a
standard expander as drive A:/, and the read only memory pack as D:/
(since D:/ is the CD-ROM and you can't write to it.) Usgard could send
out a "ping" or an auto detect routine, on each dirrectory open or
durring idle time, to the ports. If it found a memory pack it could make
it's drive letter visible. It would probably be able to do the same with
an SF expander, Expander II, III, EuP, etc, since all of them can
communicate back (I think). Imagine a cart that might cost say, $30,
that would hold every popular z-Shell/Usgard program made. The software
could be written into small blocks so a program like MC Mic could even
be loaded into memory, piece by piece, as it's needed, with Usgard
INSTALLED!!!
People could write programs in blocks to put onto an expander or a
memorypack. The limited calculator memory wouldn't matter if no piece of
the program was over 10K or so, which is still pretty good for a chunk
of possible many.

I wish peoplewould consider the idea. A permanent image burned onto an
EPROM or something would also stand accidental sends and erase commands.
It would be the trusty multi cart, a pgram for everything! Hell! I'd pay
$60 for a cart that held all the popular programs, organized into a neat
set of directories!

I commend any brave souls who step forward and accept this great
challenge!!!   (:

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A