Re: TI-H: what is Spinterface?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: what is Spinterface?

>Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:55:51 -0700
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>From: Thayne Miller <yomaster@geocities.com>
>Subject: TI-H: what is Spinterface?
>
>I know you've had a million ppl ask this (probably) but what is
>this spinterface stuff? I just joined this list so don't flame
>the crap out of me :) It sounds cool. Is there a site somewhere
>or someone that can send me some info? Thanks a lot! (Sorry for
>the inconvenience)
>
>__
>Thayne Miller
>Email: yomaster@geocities.com
>Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5084
>
>"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, fitestine, pig-ignorance
>  I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage!"
>      -Monty Python

Yup!!!

There is a page all about the SPinTerface port. It's my homepage (at the
end in my signature). Go to the TI Navigator, and then the SPinTerface
page. The cartridge page had some problems (called getting deleted) so I
have to put it back on, but the SPinTerface page is still up (even
though I NEEEEEEEED to update it more). Just for your info, the 7805
voltage regulator should be a 78L05.  (:

The SPinTerface port itself is basicly a better link port. It includes
it's own power supply and the link port connections. It has auto power
activation/deactivation when you plug in or remove carts. Some carts,
like the speaker cart are cross platform! Others need software to be
ported before they work with others.

One of the best uses is with prototyping. If you like to design things,
or have a project that still needs tweaking, you can connect a simple
10-pin male connector to a cable and the cable to a breadboard. It's
cheaper (box of 200 conections (16-20 connectors possible if you glue
things) from Radio Shack for $2 compared to buying an $8 link cable to
cut for only up to 2 projects) than using the standard link port, and
you save space and more money by skiping the batteries and power
circuits in the project. Mel Tsai's SF Expander fits in a 1.5x1x1/4 inch
cartridge! Space and money are what the SPinTerface saves.

I will install them for $20 plus build carts for $5 each plus $5 added
till it covers costs of special order parts in the carts. For expanders
you havet provide your own chip (to hard to find. I don't have time to
search out for them). All other devices, I'll get the chip for you. You
just have to pay for it.

If you don't feel comfortable sending it through the mail, you can try
building it yourself. It is rather simple in it's design. The hardest
part is working in the calc's small space.

If you build it yourself, COOL!  (:

If you are scared you'll blow up your TI, I can do it!  (:

If you don't need or want one, That's cool to!!!

Hope I explained it well enough to you and let you know how to get it!

Remember, any new carts will go to my web page. The instructions for
construction are there too.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A