Re: TI-H: Hey guys, try something simple... For IR linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Kevin Buck wrote:

> Hey guys, I have been watching as so many complicated terms have flown
> by my computer screen that it is almost nauseating.  Couldn't someone
> simply make it to where  you take TI's link cable, or any 2.5 plug, or
> SPinterface, and put an IR Transmitter on the end, or a Transceiver.
> Then do the same on another calc.  Wouldn't this work???  Then use TI's
> link software...  Please tell me if this would be at all a simpler
> task...

Hmm. Do you know how hard it is to find or design a decent IR
transceiver that would work with the TI? They simply don't exist, and
the hardware gets complicated no matter how simple you try to make it.
That's because of the design of the link port and TI protocol: you need
a link with two full duplex data channels (bidirectional, that is). The
interfacing part itself is very easy compared to other problems.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
***