Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Kevin Buck wrote:

> I was reading on Richfiles, underProgramming tips and Tricks, and he
> brought up how The GAMEBOY, and other hand held video Gaming devices
> (other than TI-Calcs) use assembly languages on their game carts.  Would
> it be possible for someone to develop A type of chip, or chips that
> could be used primarily for a single lone game, and I mean an awesome
> game.  Then put it into the Spinterface cart, and then make a special
> interrupt driven _shell_, or whatever that is completely ZShell
> compatible, yet when you plug the game cart into the Spinterface port,
> then turn the power on, you would then be running the cart.  So, this
> _shell_, upon turning on the calc, runs a test on the Spinterface port,
> that sees if anything is connected, if not, starts up normally, if so,
> directly runs the game on the cart.  Does any of this sound feasible at
> all?

Well, not really (sorry to say). The problem is that handheld video game
devices each have their own design with their own processors and other
hardware. Even if a gaming device used the Z80 (the processor of TI-85
and others) as its processor, so the language would be the same, the ROM
code, display hardware etc. would differ so the games wouldn't work.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
***