Re: TI-H: Power supply fot TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Power supply fot TI

>From: VRWhitt@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 19:32:23 -0400 (EDT)
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: TI-H: Power supply fot TI

><< I'm not sure if It'll fit in my TI-85 with all the stuff I've added:
>   Turbo (and YES the C9 removal WORKS  (-:  !!!)
>   SPinTerface port (for pluging in expansion cartridges)
>   regulated power supply (for powering cartridges)
> Who knows, maybe a 16 pin SO chip WILL have room!!!   (-:   :-) >>
>
>This has nothing to do with your question, but, what is the SPinTerface
port,
>and where can I get schematics\instructions?

The SPinTerface port is a 10-pin connector that can be installed on a TI
calc that contains the connections for the serial link port, a 5v
regulated powersupply with auto power on/off. You can build cartridges
that plug into it or have a breadboard with a SPinTerface cable attached
to it. If it can plug into the link port, you should be able to modify
it to work with the SPinTerface port. Once you find the four parts
required to build it, you will most likely never need to build another
power circuit again. The SPinTerface replaces the need to special order
link cables to cut up and elliminates the need to carry around a second
box with it's own set of batteries. I designed the device and have
installed it on two calcs already. I have had several requests for me to
build one for people. It's realy not too difficult to build. I built
mine in just over an hour. The second one took less time. All but the
10-pin female connector can be purchased at Radio Shack and the
connector should be easy to find. Try a computer store and ask for a 9
or 25 pin serial connector with the plug that connects to the card. That
plug is a 2 row x 5, 10-pin female connector.

My webpage is the official SPinTerface Page

Good luck!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A