TI-H: Re: SPinTerface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: SPinTerface

>Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 12:35:59 -0500
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>From: akarels@citilink.com
>Subject: SPinTerface
>
>	Hello, I was reading thru all the mailing list messages, when I heard
about=
> this thing, and so I went to your page to check it out.  I think you
have a=
> really cool idea!  I read on your page that you were fixing peoples
calcs=
> up with new screens, and etc.  And since I am horrible at trying to
solder,=
> I was wondering if you would mind building me a SPinTerface port, and
a=
> turbo switch?  I don't know if you want to do this, but I would pay
you,=
> and I live in Minnesota too, so there shouldn't be any shipping.
Anyways,=
> I have a cool idea for a cartrige, do you remember the temperature
sensor=
> from a while back?  Well, I found a page that had the plans, and some=
> software for it, and I think it could be easyly adapted into a
cartrige. =
> And if you just attach an extension cord to it, you can hold on to
the=
> case, and wave it around or get it to fit in hard to reach places, or
etc. =
> Right now, I have two of the chips (LM75CIM5) that I got from
National=
> Semiconductor, but they are pretty small, and are surface mount, but
it can=
> be built!  Tell me what you think.
>

>Later, =20
>

><smaller>
>
></smaller><bigger>Anthony Karels
>
></bigger>mailto:akarels@citilink.com
>
>mailto:akarels@juno.com
>
>http://www.citilink.com/~akarels/

EXCELENT IDEA!

I think I may have seen the design once or twice, but I never realy used
it. If you can send me the parts, postage etc, I would be happy to build
the stuff for you. Make sure to send everything, plus enough money to
cover expenses. $10-$15 would probably cover shipping and parts for the
SPinTerface (I think). I'll have to see. It may be less or it may be
more. Let me know what you need built and what you'll be sending. I
would use certified mail to send anything because you definitely don't
want stuff lost. The SPinTerface is difficult to install without the
calc present, so if you can send it, it would be best. Otherwise, if you
are reluctant to put it through our mail system, let me know how or when
you want to send it and what you'll be sending. I'll check prices for
parts and give you a quick estimate and my address.

If you (or anyone else) would like one built, but don't want to risk
ruining the calc, then contact me.

Hope I can help

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com