Re: TI-H: SPinterface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: SPinterface

>From: MaxxKills@aol.com
>Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 23:37:35 -0400 (EDT)
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: TI-H: SPinterface
>
>I have aquired all the parts for the SPinterface, and i have
>started construction, i should get around to finishing this
>weekend....
>
>How many people have made this thing so far?
>Has anyone made a cartrige for it yet?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Lee

I'm not sure how many people made, or is in the process of making it,
but yesterday I got over 30 messages about it from people who realy
seemed to like it. Today I posted the plans for a speaker cartridge with
a built in transistor amplifier and a volume control. It still fits in
the small virtual boy cases (im told that they ship them for free
too!!!)!  (-:  There is the SF Expander cart.

I intend to make instructions SOON for converting or building future
expanders into SPinTerface carts. I am working on an external
SPinTerface Cartridge adaptor that would have a battery pack and several
SPinTerface ports. It would be connected to a link cable and would plug
into any TI calulator with a link port. There would probably be a switch
to select which cartridge ports to be active. It would still automaticly
power up/down when you insert/remove carts. I also am looking into
SPinTerface "Jumper Cables." It would be a cable, about the lenth of a
link port that would let you link two SPinTerface equiped calculators
together. You could use it just like a standard link cable, but if the
power of one calc is low, it would "share" power between the two. If
your backup battery was dead and you needed to replace your batteries
immediately, this cable would actualy be able to let a calc run with the
batteries out (only one calc would probably run though. If you turned
the suplying calc on, both screens would go way dim or they might not
have enough power at all! But the idea of being able to "Jump start" a
calculator just sounds kindof interesting.  (-:

I have an idea for an IR link, and if I get it to work, I'll make a
SPinTerface cart for it to. Also, if you make your own cart, get me the
design. I would like to have every possible SPinTerface cart design up
on my page so all can see them!

Good luck!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com