TI-H: Re: SPinTerface Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: SPinTerface Question

>From: PAULH@mdli.com
>Date:Thu, 7 Aug 1997 17:10:46 -0700
>Subject: SPinTerface Question
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>
>What is the voltage regulator for?  I read the entire list of
instructions
>and I couldn't figure out what it does.  Then again, I am just a lowly
pre-college guy without much experience with electronics.  However I
have done soldering
>before and plan to try to make it.  (Besides, it is just a calculator).
Any
>enlightenment you could offer on the function of the regulator would be
helpful.
>Thanx,
>		Paul Hounshell
>		PaulH@mdli.com
>		PH_Dogg@hotmail.com

The voltage regulator creates a 5v supply for the SPinTerface. Without
it, you would get the full battery power, which is between 4.5 and 6v
depending on how new or used they are. Not all, but many parts "preffer"
to have a fairly constant 5v supply. The Calculator itself has a voltage
regulator circuit on it's main board to drive the screen and the chips
and stuff. It doesn't have the power (probably) to run extra devices, so
you need a second one that supplies just the SPinTerface.

You can check my page for more details and new carts (even though it may
be a while before I get caught up with everything and have time to
update my page.

Glad To help out.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com