Re: TI-H: TI-Modem a reality

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Modem a reality

>A lot about this topic has come about lately.  I realize that Joe is
>attempting to get a TI-85 for terminal access, and that seems to be a
>little difficult, given the complexities discussed.  So has anyone
figured
>out a way to connect a NORMAL modem to a TI-85 or is that just
speculation
>at this point, as well?  Also, someone mentioned finding $5 9600 baud
>modems...not sure if this is total sarcasm or if there is some truth to
>it. =)  Where would I find this magical place?

To connect a modem to a TI calculator with a linkport, buy a grey?
link cable from Staples, hook  it to the modem, and you are done.
There are several terminal programs available; however, you aren't
gonna fit an 80x25 screen onto such  a small LCD; so how useful it
would be as  a terminal is doubtful.

I realize this is old hat, but I guess they didn't read  the archives
before posting.

Robert Cicconetti