Re: TI-H: TI-Modem one big reply

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Modem one big reply

> All of you are telling me that it's easier to put a 9600 modem on it. If
> it's eaiser than how do you slap 9/25 pins into 3, you do that and try
> to process all that and the 9600 would be slower. Second off you need
> power, and alot of it, the modem is plugged in to the calc and the world
> and a battery pack (can't plug it into the wall in a tent with only a
> cell phone,) the battery pack would die in an hour. Answer that.

   Don't be aggressive if you don't know what you're talking about.
First off, the TI-8x is NOT a modem itself.  It doesn't have a
modulator built in to convert the digital signal to analog.  The
external modem makes a lot more sense.  All you really need is
Transmit/Receive/Ground, which you have.  You don't really need
DTR/CD/Ring.  You could plug your modem into your car if you really
wanted to go mobile with it.
---
  Dave Bednar
  Get the cookie file