TI-H: Power supply fot TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Power supply fot TI

Hello, I'm Richard Piotter an I am working on a TI power pack that would
let you run a TI calculator off of a wall outlet so you don't waste your
batteries. I found that using a 4.5 volt adapter is best, since it has a
bit more power than batteries and the voltage is closer since batteries
drain anyway, but I have had problems with the memory getting erased if
the power pack is either connected or removed while the calc is on
(someone trips on your cord). I found a chip from MAXIM (I forgot the
number but I might get it later) that automaticly switches between a
power pack and batteries with little or no voltage dropping or surging,
but I can only find a 3.3 or a 2.8 volt version. If anyone can find a
4.8 or 5 volt version, I would be very happy. I want to make a test
circuit, and I can get almost any MAXIM chip free by requesting a sample
of it, but I don't know if they have a 5 volt version, and if they do, I
would need the number (MAX####).

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it! I think that such a chip
would be the solution to the memory erasure problem.

I'm not sure if It'll fit in my TI-85 with all the stuff I've added:
  Turbo (and YES the C9 removal WORKS  (-:  !!!)
  SPinTerface port (for pluging in expansion cartridges)
  regulated power supply (for powering cartridges)
Who knows, maybe a 16 pin SO chip WILL have room!!!   (-:   :-)

Thanks to anyone interested in responding

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The