Re: TI-H: IR links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR links

On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:58:28 -0600 Peter Cordes <pcomp@ntsource.com>
writes:
>Osma Suominen wrote:
>>
>> Gary Marsh wrote:
>>
>> > Osma: In finland, do you allow stuff like remote control cars,
>children's
>> > walkie-talkies and cordless phones? do they have to be
>"registered"?
>> >
>> > -gee
>>
>> Yes, I don't mean they're illegal, but homebuilt radio transmitters
>are
>> almost always illegal to use. I think even a slightly modified
>> walkie-talkie is illegal. The things you mentioned are not illegal
>> unless they're bought from countries with looser regulations like
>USA.
>> But as someone pointed out, FCC's policy is about the same; no
>homebuilt
>> links in America please.
>>
>> Let's end this discussion about legality, OK?
>>
>> --
>> *** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi ***
>http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
>> ***
>also the FCC doesn't really give a shit because my next door
>neighbor's
>brother has a CB that i can pick up through my computer speakers even
>if
>his car is over a mile(1.609344 km) away. just go and build whatever
>radio thing you want and use it to your pleasure.
>PCoMP
>Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp
>Watch for the MPG3 series of games to be coming out soon.

I know!  I live on a very busy highway, and listen to whole conversations
that truckers have over my computer speakers  (really freaks out my
friends when they come over to play US Navy Fighters on  my PC, hearing
someone say "There's a smokey waitin' for ya' just over that hill!"   :-)

Wasn't the government talking about doing away with the FCC at one time?
Be pretty nice, if you ask me, all they seem to do is get in the way.

Anyway, that gives me an idea:  How about once we get a wireless link
going, we get a multi-calc chat going.  One calc could serve as the
server and take in the signals from the other calcs, along with an
encoded signature so that the server knows who's "saying" what, and then
the server sends it back out to the "client" calculators.

Just an idea.  Probably quite stupid, and know that I think about it, off
topic.

-|/|/esley McGrew
wesleymcgrew@juno.com