Re: TI-H: IR links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR links

Osma Suominen wrote:

> Gary Marsh wrote:
>
> > Osma: In finland, do you allow stuff like remote control cars, children's
> > walkie-talkies and cordless phones? do they have to be "registered"?
> >
> > -gee
>
> Yes, I don't mean they're illegal, but homebuilt radio transmitters are
> almost always illegal to use. I think even a slightly modified
> walkie-talkie is illegal. The things you mentioned are not illegal
> unless they're bought from countries with looser regulations like USA.
> But as someone pointed out, FCC's policy is about the same; no homebuilt
> links in America please.
>
> Let's end this discussion about legality, OK?
>
> --
> *** Osma Suominen *** <a href="mailto:ozone@clinet.fi">ozone@clinet.fi</a> *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
> ***
also the FCC doesn't really give a shit because my next door neighbor's
brother has a CB that i can pick up through my computer speakers even if
his car is over a mile(1.609344 km) away. just go and build whatever
radio thing you want and use it to your pleasure.
PCoMP
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp
Watch for the MPG3 series of games to be coming out soon.