Re: TI-H: IR links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR links

Gary Marsh wrote:

> Osma: In finland, do you allow stuff like remote control cars, children's
> walkie-talkies and cordless phones? do they have to be "registered"?
>
> -gee

Yes, I don't mean they're illegal, but homebuilt radio transmitters are
almost always illegal to use. I think even a slightly modified
walkie-talkie is illegal. The things you mentioned are not illegal
unless they're bought from countries with looser regulations like USA.
But as someone pointed out, FCC's policy is about the same; no homebuilt
links in America please.

Let's end this discussion about legality, OK?

<pre>
--
*** Osma Suominen *** <a href="mailto:ozone@clinet.fi">ozone@clinet.fi</a> *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
***