Re: TI-H: Well, this is rather interesting.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Well, this is rather interesting.

>Yes, but soldering it in is going to be a bitch.  You'll probably short or
>burn something out by trying to de-solder the old one, and solder in the
>new one. Also, you don't knot the protocol for the 92 screen, and I don't
>know if there is a standard.  I'm not bashing you idea, more power to you,
>but just a few thing to consider before you buy the first LCD with the same
>pixel dimensions as the 92.

Well, I was hoping to be able to use the current connector that goes to the
current broken screen, so I could avoid the MASSIVE soldiering problems
involved.  I don't think that I could possibly have that much skill if i
worked for MANY years at this.

ALSO:  Thank you for telling me your thoughts and concerns without treating
me like an idiot.  I really appreciate it.

I'm going to have to go to a book or some other source to learn how they
work so I can learn if I'm on a wild goose chase that will leave me frustrated.

BTW:  anybody know the general price of LCDs?  Am I going to spend ALOT of
money on the replacement screen?

AND:  protocol?  I was HOPE-ING (sp, sorry it's late) that I would be able
to remove the old sticky wire connector, and install a new one.  Oh well.  I
should probably stop asking questions 'till I know what people sell, and how
they work.

                   THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS!!!!

<pre>
"Who's there in the other devil's name?  Faith, here's an equivocator, that
could swear in both the scales against either scale;  who committed treason
enough for God's sake, yet could not equivocate into heaven.  O, come in,
equivocator!"
		     ---The Porter speaking as the porter of the "hell gate".
			Macbeth,  Act II, Scene III, lines 7-11.
</pre>