Re: TI-H: Reducing Glare on the TI-92 Screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, A.K.A. TheWiz wrote:

> > Does anyone have any ideas for reducing the glare on the TI-92's
> > screen?
>
>   Just use a polarizing filter.  You can get it from a science catalog or
> "steal" it out of a set of 3D-glasses (the ones with plain dark plastic,
> rather than 1 red & 1 blue).

Um, a polarizing filter will not just reduce the glare - it will also make
the screen difficult to view. This is due to the way LCD's work, which I
don't feel like explaining now.

Try wearing polarized glasses and looking at a digital watch. I have
to hold my pager "just so" in order to read it with my polarized
sunglasses on.

-Isaac

<pre>
--