Re: TI-H: Acceleration

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Acceleration

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 18:01:08 PST, you wrote:

>I have a couple of questions about acceleration. How much does it usually
>cost to accelerate your calculator? After you preform the necessary steop
>does this void the warranty on your calculator? Is there a high risk of
>screwing up your calculator?
>
>Thanks...

It should not cost much for the capacitor, maybe $1, even less if you
are just shorting it. Your warentee is void. About the risk part, I
heard that some people have vaporized the capacitor with a soldering
iron, and this could screw up the intricate copper patterns if melted
solder got onto the circuit board. Be sure to use a good small tipped
soldering iron, and use a steady hand. Good luck!

-Tim
                                               __
                                              /_/\
 Tim Gerla - timg@climax.polaristel.net      / /\ \
                                            / /\ \ \
      Tyball Dragon -==(UDIC)==-           / / /\ \ \
            Tyball@irc                    / / /  \ \ \
www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1691/ /_/____\ \ \
 TI-92, HTML, Links, POV-Ray, Fractint! /_/________\_\/\