Re: TI-H: Re: Backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Backlighting

[B>Darned it I've just tried putting 4 green LEDs at the bottom of the screen
TI>and it did no good.  Since it used the fibre optics theory, the light went
TI>straight thru the glass panel and out the other side (I could see it).  It
TI>didn't even come close to hitting the LCD part!  That didn't do any good
TI>since I think it's because the LEDs don't diffuse enough.  Any ideas as to
TI>what else we could do with the LEDs?

  Perhaps you can modify the theory slightly.. how about a rectangular
piece of plastic, with another rectangular hole in it just the size of
the viewable LCD.. Then place a LED there, and the light will flow out
onto the screen..like this (forgive the horrid ascii graphics)
----------------       |                |
----------------       |  Empty         |
                        Plastic Overlay

       If putting the sheet with the hole in it doesn't work, perhaps a
solid sheet perferated by small pinholes will allow the light leakage and
not impair visability.

Zarquon
Sysop of Imperial Realm (410) 799-8616