Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

Scott Gibson wrote:

> > I will never understand why ppl make their calcs faster.
> Well, I did it because the speed of graphing equations <snip>... The program is quite a bit
> faster with my 1pf cap in there though. But, I do believe I'll be
> desoldering that thing and popping in a switch. I tried to make that 4
> speed one, but I am new to this electronics stuff, and I'm not an expert
> solderer... so that kinda went to the dumps. One thing I need to know
> though, what kind of switch should I use? SPST, SPDT, DPDT?
>
>         Scott
Depends on how much you want to connect to the switch. Here's what the
letters stand for: S is for single, D for double. P is for pole (number
of different wires needing switching). T is for throw (number of places
that the switched line(s) can connect to). Thus, SPST says one pole has
one throw. So this switch will have two pins: one going in, the other
going out. A DPDT switch has 6 pins. Each pole is DT (double throw) so
it will need one pin going in and two coming out (one of which is always
connected to the 'in'). But there are two poles, so multiply the three
pins per pole by two poles. Got it?

<pre>
--
Greg Hill