Re: TI-H: Inside TI83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Inside TI83

TI>>That's a good idea, but be careful when ripping apart your watch.  A
TI>small
TI>>piece of radioactive material is what creates the light and would not be
TI>>really good thing to play with.  :)
TI>>                        BlakLite
TI>Radioactive?!? I was not aware of that. . .  Is Timex trying to nuke us
TI>all with Indiglo :-)?

       I think he is referring to the watches with tritium and (on the
really old ones) radium as the luminescent material.  Those (esp.
Radium) give off radiation; however, the mini-bulbs are small
incandescents.. I'm not quite sure what Indiglo is, but it doesn't glow
constantly, only when current is applied, so my guess is that it isn't.

Zarquon
Sysop of Imperial Realm (410) 799-8616