: From: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
: To: Zenon
: Subject: Re: TI-H: Serial Port for TI-8x
: Date: October 21, 1996 10:05 PM
:
: On Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:22:48 -0600, you wrote:
:
: >With this in mind, a port replicator with 2 serial ports (1 for a modem
and
: >another for future expansion ie. mouse, second modem...?), 1 parallel
port
: >(then you can print directly from the calc to a printer!), another
TI-Calc
: >port (2.5mm or 3.5mm) and perhaps a joystick port (15pin).  That would
: >obviously require a device driver to be TSR (like the Game Genie or
maybe
: >the one Mel's making for the expander) and within that would be a
printer
: >driver, a joystick driver, calc -> calc port rerouting and a serial
driver
: >that will operate at optimum speed.  It may also be a good idea to
include
: >a second calc -> calc rerouting port to access the memory extender.
This
: >would be a complicated task, so I'm sure it would take some time
figuring
: >out.
: >
:
: if we have a keyboar, mouse, and serail ports, then why not a new
: monitor and how about an intel inside!
: -eric
: -elinenbe@umich.edu
: -www.umich.edu/~elinenbe