Re: TI-H: TI85 Link Info?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI85 Link Info?

mpinsk41@maine.maine.edu wrote:

>         I've read through the basic link cable documents on ticalc.org, but
> I still have one question.
>         The link cable has three wires: red, white, and ground. From
> reading, I seemed to get the impression that *both* red and white transmit
> *and* receive. Shouldn't one be transmit, the other recieve? If I'm wrong,
> does anybody know why TI did it this way? It seems like the electronics
> inside the calculator would have to be much more complicated, with almost
> no gain in function.
>
> Malin
> mpinsk41@maine.maine.edu

The TI does use both lines for data transfer. One of the two actually
carries the data, bit by bit, and the other provides a clock. The clock
is a signal provided by whichever calc is sending, so that the receiving
calc knows when the data lead is "for real"--not somewhere between bits.
Make sense?

<pre>
--
Greg Hill