Re: TI-H: CE Edition of the 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CE Edition of the 85

>EC is European Community.  I don't think CE has anything to do with
>that.  No TI Calculator has ever said anything on it about the FCC.
>What CE really is, I would be interested in knowing.

Many European languages use reversed noun-adjective sentence structure.
I know that France and Spain both do.

Examples:

Baton Rouge: "Red Stick"
Costa Rica: "Rich Coast"

thus:  The european phrase "European Community" would have the initials
CE.

BTW, taken straight from the back of my -85:

"This device complies with part 10 of the FCC rules.  Operation is subjct
to the following two conditions:  (1) This device may not cause any
harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
recieved, including interference that may cause undesired operation."

It's written about an inch and a half or so above the serial number.

Jason "Thursday" Wenger
jwenger@juno.com
Illegitimi no carborundum