Re: TI-H: TI Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Modem

If you want to connect to POTS, your'e going to need a DAA.  (POTS=plain
old telephone service  DAA=Data access arangment)  It's what alows you to
connect to the phone system.  Instead of building one with discrete
components, I recommen using a prebuilt one.  I know of a few companies
that sell them, the first one that comes to mind is Cermetek.  You need
this for saftey, and other reasons, but the beuty of it is how simple it
makes everything.  You just hookup Ring and Tip to the DAA and you get
pins for output (Rx, RI) and input (Tx, OH)  RI is the ring indicator, it
tells you the phone is ringing :)   And OH is off hookup, pull it low to
take the phone off the hook.  There both active low, I think.  Anyway,
hope this helps.  If you want any more help, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask.

Ahh, you say, very nice.  As Dan Eble's teacher would say.

site's site: http://www.xnet.com/~site

<pre>
---
site									ignore

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Beverly A El-Afandi wrote:

> Actually, i was wondering, do any of you have a schem for a reliable
> acoustic coupler?
>
> On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Mel Tsai wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 16 Oct 1996 20:58:50 EDT, you wrote:

> > >I recieved a bunch of stuff today and yesterday (about 1200 pages of
> > >information, 2 300modems, and a microwire 4meg chip).. one question do we
> > >need an acoustic copler for the 300?
> > >

> > I think you can directly connect it to an RJ11 jack.  Actually an
> > accoustic coupler will be nice, but it's not necessary.
> >
> > -Mel
> >
> > --
> > The TI Memory Expansion Homepage
> > http://pilot.msu.edu/user/tsaimelv/expander.htm