Re: TI-H: Adding mass storage to a TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Nuno Miguel Vieira da Costa wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I've been wondering about a possible way of adding a kind of mass
> storage device to a TI-92. I realise that I am not an expert in
> electronics. However, there are some interesting prospects which came
> up to my mind as vain attempts of doing it.
>
> Maybe it would be possible to link a cassette recorder to a TI-92
> (pretty much in the old Spectrum way). I am going to build a (very)
> simple cable to try it (one male 3.5 jack in one end and one male 2.5
> male jack on the other) to see how does it sound.

This won't work because the digital signals from the calc have to be
converted into sound. You can't record the binary signals as 0v or 5v,
it must be audio signals before they can be stored on a tape. However it
is possible the make a device which will do the conversion to audio when
you save data, and back to digital signals again when you restore data,
just like a modem.

Tobias Rathje