TI-H: Turboed calc stats

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Turboed calc stats

I did some tests on my calc this afternoon (feeling ill
and really didn't want to face up to PoliSci). Here are the
results.

Equipment
---------
1 TI-85, with removed C9 and R11. R11 replaced with 2.67 K
resistor. C9 removed entirely, removed with switch that switches
a 33pF ceramic capacitor in and out of the circuit. Lead length
probably adds some stray capacitance.

Speed
-----
first number is turbo, second is regular mode. Most values
rounded to the nearest second.

Send backup (Connect85, parallel link, 21K file): 34s  35s
Graph y=sin x, ZStd: 4  9
Graph y=sin x, ZFit (includes fitting time): 8  16
Solve log(ln x)=1, initial guess of 1:  2  4
Solve x^2+2x+65=0, using Roger Wolfson's Quadform 6.0,
 time measured from initial press of Enter to appearance
 of options menu:  .5  1.0

Power Consumption
-----------------
In mA, definitely not too accurate--cheap VOM. Again, turbo
is the first value.

Idling in TI-OS:4  4 (not a typo)
Graphing/Calculating in TI-OS  20  14
ZShell menu screen:  22  15
Playing Jezzball:  20  12
Displaying picture in picview:  23  14

Hope this adds some facts to all of the speculation about
turboing calcs.....

--Jon, N9RUJ
jnieho38@calvin.edu              www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38
When in danger or in doubt,