Re: TI-H: TI-GRAPHLINK Cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-GRAPHLINK Cable

At 05:43 PM 11/17/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Has anyone ever taken apart the graphlink cable to see exactly what the
>pcb layout is?  I would like to make an actual "graphlink" cable so that I
>can try to interface it w/a modem because I can probably make my own for
>cheaper than $50 if I knew what components were used.

Yes.. I have looked at the inside of mine and your going to have a big
problem trying to make your own.. 1st because there is allot of stuff in
there and it would take you a few weeks just to figure out there values (all
surface mount (no labels)) and your bigest problem is going to be that there
appears to be a microproccesor or some advanced microcontroller so you will
probably need source code (that means you need a reader/burner and those are
going to cost you around 500 dollars if you dont allready have some)  my
sugestion is to look at the new "lighter" graphlink that ti sells at staples
stores.. (check ti's web page)

	David Lee
>>POINT FOUR TECHNOLOGIES<<
davidlee@itis.com