Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

On Thu, 09 Nov 1995 10:29:35 -0500, you wrote:

>At the moment, it seems that my processor upgrade has been slowed by =
their
>laziness, but I will stay on it, I really want to see if this will work.

I have one huge piece of advice for you: forget about upgrading the
processor, or any other chip in the TI-85.  I can tell you from
experience that the logicistics of what you're trying to do are close
to impossible.  Even if you were to find an upwards compatable
processor (which I doubt exists, the Z180 really isn't upwards
compatable), the packaging would be so different that it would require
an frighteningly complex interface circuit.  I wouldn't even know
where to start.  You've got the increased data bus width, more address
pins, no more I/O mapped addressing (that alone makes a processor
upgrade impossible), different interrupt vectors, etc.  An experienced
pHD computer engineer would have extreme difficulty doing what you're
trying to do.

Actually, a much easier task would be to redesign the TI-85 from the
ground up!  Even if you were to prove me wrong and do it, the speed
increase wouldn't be more than 100% to 300%, which is already possible
with overclocking.  If you still don't believe me, email me and I'll
list some more reasons why it's impossible.

-Mel

<pre>
--
The TI Memory Expansion Homepage